QUEENS CONTEST AND TICKET SALES
THE 2013 MPMA QUEEN
Ms. Tracy Rivers
It is truly an honor to have run for and ultimately being crowned the Montford Point Marine Association’s National Queen for 2011-2013. It is a privilege to be able to give back to the community. I am proud to assist young adults in their quest for higher educational dreams by helping the Association raise funds for scholarships.
I stand in the shadow of many heroes, this dedication to the Marine Corps and the accomplishments of the Montford Point Marine Association lead me to become a member of this great veterans organization and do all that I can to support its efforts.
MPMA Queen Contest
The purpose of the "MISS MONTFORD POINT MARINEQUEEN CONTEST" is to raise funds to carry out programs held throughout the year. These programs are designed to boost morale of service members, provide assistance to veterans and scholarships to communities.
The "Miss Montford Point Marine Queen's Contestent will reign for (1) one year and participates in Chapter functions, make personal appearances on behalf of the National body or the local host Chapter at civic, social, veterans, military affairs as required.
Because of the prestige of the contest, rules and regulations are strictly adhered to, Preliminary Contestant Requirements include:
- Candidate must be a woman 18 years of age or older.
- Have knowledge of the association and it's mission.
- Candidate may be married or single
- (wives of MPMA members are ineligible).
- Candidate must be able to make personal appearances and promote the the contest on behalf of the Montford Point Marine Association (locally or nationally).
- Each contestant will be present for all rehearsals.
- At the National competition each contestant must appear in formal gown the night of the coronation.
Additional information and requirements are available - if you are interested in participating contact a Chapter Representative. All others please reach out to the Chapter within your State for how you can help or use the Feedback Link and we will direct your inquiry to the right Chapter.